Saturday, October 18, 2008

Freight Factoring- the Easy Way to Finance Your Transportation Company

Unless the company has cash in the bank, they cannot afford to wait to be paid. This puts them into a tricky situation with regard the cash flow for their needs. The expenses have to be met urgently while the clients would delay paying the amount for many days. They have to pay the driver 's wages, fuel bills, and vehicle and tire repair expenses.

They have daily cash expenses to take care of. Transportation Company owners have to face a typical situation in dealing with clients who pay the freight bills in 30 to 60 days.

It is the factoring company who will buy the freight bills on delivery of the load and give you some percentage of the amount of the freight bills. It does not need the clients to pay early. It is a quick pay tool to convert slow paying client freight bills into cash. They have a better option than business loan in freight factoring.

So what other option does a freight company have? But the banks usually do not finance businesses that have less than three years of profit and financial statements to show. The owners try to sort this out by arranging for a loan from the bank.

They even collect the bills from the clients on the due date. Generally they would provide you an advance of 90% of the bill amount. The remaining 10% is paid after the customer makes the bill payment. A small factoring fee is taken from this 10% based on how long the invoice is factored and the monthly volume of factored invoices. Discount rates range between 1.5% and 4% per month depending upon the above factors.

Freight factoring is better than conventional loans in more ways than one. It is easy to get it and that too in just a few days. There are certain limitations to the amount of loan you are taking, but if you consider the freight factoring option it has no such limits. As your sales grow so does your factoring amount! Thus your financing is directly related to your transportation company 's growth. If you arrange with the factoring company to collect the bills on your behalf, you are relieved of credit collection. You can use that time and money to invest more in your business. Factoring companies also regularly provide you with receivables and payment statements, which help you to streamline your business.

Most factoring companies buy the bills using non-recourse invoice factoring. Under this agreement the factoring company bears the risk of non-payment due to insolvency of your customer.

You could check them out and make a long-term contract with a company that gives you and your customer quick and courteous service. There are many companies coming up, who advertise on the Internet also. However there are many new factoring companies coming up who have professionals working with them and offer good services and competitive prices. Not many banks provide factoring services.

Thus if you have a transportation company you may use the services of a factoring company and take your business to the next level. Freight factoring gives you the advantage of improving the cash flow and helps you to concentrate on the growth of your business.


Jone pop May 19, 2010 at 6:16 AM  

Truck factoring is a great arrangement, especially for the owner of the vehicle. It is a relaxing arrangement and reduces the amount of stress and tension that normally would leave any trucker worried. The flow of money is constant as long as they have assured business.

Lauren June 7, 2010 at 3:49 AM  

you must about spending and construction activity.its effect of economy, government spending, including State government spending, has a major impact.

Recent Posts

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by 2008

Back to TOP